[WikiEN-l] Idea from Citizendium: list of corrections

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 01:09:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:43 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/CZ:Proposals/Self-Correction_Policy
>
>  Hmmm. I can see it being nice, I can see it being unmanageable and
>  full of noise. Your thoughts? What would English Wikipedia do with
>  something like this?

Any such scheme on a wiki of this size would likely be immediately
unmanageable (and can you just imagine all the new fights over what
gets listed as a factual error?).

However, see the tracking page for error correction following the
December 2005 Nature study:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:External_peer_review/Nature_December_2005/Errors

Here there were no fights and no manageability problems because we
were running off an externally compiled list. It was made possible
because Nature released the list of errors that they identified, but
we should endeavour to do this for all external peer reviews:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:External_peer_review

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com