[WikiEN-l] Unreliable sources, or no sources at all?

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 22:03:59 UTC 2008

My own bias is to use the best sourcing available. If there is a more
reliable source, may as well use it instead. If multiple sources disagree
and could be considered reliable, may as well mention their disagreement.

Given the wide areas of the wiki with poor or no sourcing, it seems best to
focus attention (when needed) on areas and details which are presently
contested.

Yes, we should encourage sourcing. Yes, more reliable sources are better. If
a topic is such that it is potentially contested and has no reliable sources
at all, maintainability becomes an issue (this is one reason, I think, why
we delete pages for reasons of notability: if nobody's written about a
subject, we have no solid way to resolve disputes or even tell if some
articles are accurate at all).

-Luna