[WikiEN-l] Unreliable sources, or no sources at all?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:24:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:32 PM, bobolozo <bobolozo at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  My question is, is it a good idea to simply go through
>  and remove large numbers of these?  Are we better off
>  with no sources at all for portions of text, rather
>  than have references which consist of message board
>  postings and personal websites and such?

Absolutely not, under any circumstances.  Never remove a reference
unless you either (a) remove the information referenced (placing it on
the talk page unless it is libellous), or (b) add another reference to
a better source that completely covers everything the previous
reference did.

David is correct that removing references like this will lead to swift sanction.

-Matt