[WikiEN-l] Interwiki links analysis tool

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 19 03:46:10 UTC 2008

Very cool, nice work, especially with the interwiki integration.
I've messed around a bit with viewing mediawiki link graphs using Cytoscape,
software designed for visualizing molecular interactions. But only a _very_
modern machine (I'm talking about a maxed out Mac Pro here :) could handle
the english wikipedia and certainly not the entire interwiki link graph as
you have done. But you can do lots of different kinds of visualizations with
it. Here's a good description:

http://www.mkbergman.com/?p=415

I also attached a Cytoscape file that will let you visualize Scholarpedia.
In case the list scrubs it: http://filebin.ca/zmtoy/scholarpedia.cys

(not to segue your thread - i thought you would find it interesting :)

Cheers,
Brian