[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 16:06:03 UTC 2008

Very true. A committee is an animal with four back legs :)

The real problems with the ArbCom all stem from the fact that they arbitrators refuse to get their hands dirty with questions of content. Very properly, since that's not their job and they would doubtless be less than competent at doing so. We really should get some money together for the ArbCom so they can start hiring academics on a consultancy basis to solve their content problems for them.

That's a somewhat far-out solution, but I've become increasingly convinced something like it is necessary.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.