[WikiEN-l] WP:TOV

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 22:22:07 UTC 2008

I just posted this on the talk page, but...

This is failing to gain consensus, for the same reason that the two policy
attempts that preceded my [[WP:SUICIDE]] essay failed.  It's too hard to
find a set of principles on this topic that everyone agrees to and that can
be codified into a prescriptive policy.

Everyone should go read the two prior policy attempts, the talk pages and
edit histories, to see how far back and consistent this problem is.

That's the reason I did the essay, describing what were felt to be best
practices by those who were responding... that's what people were doing, so
it was hard to argue with it, and being an essay it can't fail due to policy
arguments.

I know why you want a real policy.  But you're running the risk of getting
burned out and fried the same way the people who pushed the other two prior
policy attempts got fried - this is a hard problem.

-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com