[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Why do edit conflicts suck so much?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:12:38 UTC 2008

On 17/03/2008, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Couple stupid questions: When you get an edit conflict, why does the entire
>  page load instead of the relevant section?

Because section boundaries, names and numbers can change between
versions. I'm not sure if there's a reason why it doesn't detect
whether or not the sections have changed and only display the whole
page when necessary - it may just be that no-one has written the
appropriate code, yet.

> Also, do .js scripts effect the
>  speed of an edit conflict load?

No idea. I can't see why they would (not to the extent of 20-30
seconds, anyway), but there are so many scripts out there doing so
many things that anything is possible.