[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Why do edit conflicts suck so much?

Martijn Hoekstra martijnhoekstra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:12:05 UTC 2008

Because that I know of there is no current way to determine if an edit
conflict is in different sections, and can be auto-merged. I would
like to see an automerge feature sometime in the future, where a
proposed merge is displayed. It would solve a lot of problems, even
for a very conservative algorithm that only suggests a merge when the
edits are done to different sections. It still would only have to load
the specific section again to make the changes. I don't know how hard
this would be though, but it doesn't sound too hard to me.