[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] SUL pilot

Matt Jacobs sxeptomaniac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:17:37 UTC 2008

This is a rather absurd argument.  There are plenty of organizations
besides the Communist Party that advocate promoting leaders, many of
which would be "good organizations."  Invoking Ayn Rand is hardly a
trump card, anyway, since not everyone is going to consider her the
pinnacle of wisdom.

Putting that aside, it's a moot argument, anyway.  Whether you like it
or not, admins are seen as having a special position within Wikipedia,
and are generally considered leaders.  We are better off looking at
how we should handle that reality, rather than philosophizing on why
it shouldn't be the case.
Sxeptomaniac