[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] SUL pilot

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 20:05:23 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/17/2008 1:00:31 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
scs at eskimo.com writes:

Will,  chill.  This isn't that big a deal; in fact, it isn't a
deal at  all.>>

-------------------
Anytime the principles of equality and egalitarianism are challenged I will
speak.
No one deserves to be put into a caste that segregates one group from
another, no matter how minor that would appear to be superficially.

Seperating some, with the rule of law, into special classes is exactly what
Ayn spoke against, and much more vocally than I.  It is what Orwell spoke
against as well.  Once you create a power-based for one class of people,  they
tend to accumulate more power over time without restriction.

And yes there is a very simple method of countering this.  Whether it  takes
10 times the CPU cycles should be irrelevant.  If CPU cycles are put  ahead of
human beings in our projects, then we've already lost.

So yes, it's a big deal.  Just the idea that people can contemplate  that it
isn't... that is also a big deal.

Each human participant is far more important than any computer  system.