[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] SUL pilot

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 17 20:00:13 UTC 2008

Will Johnson wrote:
> Libertarianism is all about equality and egalitarian standards.
> Any  project which stands against (in contravention) of those policies
> should be treated as a project directly violating the core principles
> upon which our project was founded.

Will, chill.  This isn't that big a deal; in fact, it isn't a
deal at all.

Tim Starling announced an experiment, which for expediency's sake
it seemed like a good idea to limit to less than the full user
population.  It wasn't a policy statement or anything.  Assuming
Single User Signon works, we'll all get it some day.

Or not -- it's a very hard feature to implement; the devs have
barely found time to work on it at all, let alone do the large
amount of testing and controlled rollout that will be required
to ensure that it works smoothly.  If you'd rather Tim spend
his time defending his experiment to the satisfaction of your
hairtrigger Libertarian sensitivities, or cancel the experiment
until it can be performed to your egalitarian satisfaction, we
may never see the feature at all.