[WikiEN-l] Community Ombuds Department

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Mar 14 18:52:11 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/14/2008 11:43:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:

I don't  think that's true. As I understand it, NPOV (as a basic
principle) is  imposed by the foundation (obviously, it pre-dates the
foundation, but now  there is a foundation, they impose it), and can't
be changed without their  approval. Same applies to the basic
principles of the use of non-free  content.>>

The general principle, with no specific language is a founding core
principle.  This does mean it was imposed *by* the foundation, and they  in-fact don't
impose it today.  It was a founding principle for the project  as a whole,
which means *us*.  All of the specific language describing the  policy was
created by consensus.

We, the project, the community, impose the policies upon ourselves.

Will Johnson