[WikiEN-l] Scary...

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 06:06:54 UTC 2008

Well, Tony & others will excuse me, but all i was trying to do was use
his wording to try to expand on some possibilities. No harm or satire
intended, just a way to get the discussion into what I thought might
be some possible interesting directions.

eg. Notability solution: We should have an article if two independent
established editors think we should? That would be enough to get rid
of the real undoubted junk.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Chris Howie wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Charlotte Webb wrote:
>  >
>  >> On 3/11/08, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>  > Examine Tony's statement earlier in the thread:
>  >>  > "I agree 100% If I can't convince anybody that something belongs in
>  >>  > Wikipedia, it doesn't belong in Wikipedia."
>  >>  > He doesnt say "convince everybody" Read literally, if any unbiased
>  >>  > editor will support something, it should stay in, just as we don't ban
>  >>  > a user if any one administrator is willing to unblock him.
>  >>
>  >>  it looks literally like the word "if", followed by the negation of "I
>  >>  can convince anybody" (which by itself boasts either that "I am able
>  >>  to convince [at least one person]" or that "I am able to convince [any
>  >>  person]"), but I could be off my meds...
>  >>
>  > We could just wait for Tony to reply with a clarification of his
>  > intended meaning instead of making guesses or assumptions that are
>  > going nowhere.
>  Certainly, but we also need to accept that the language speaks for
>  itself, Alice in Wonderland notwithstanding.
>
>  Ec

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.