[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:34:37 UTC 2008

There are over trillions of stars in the are of space we can see via naked
eye or instruments. The analogy generally used to describe is that there are
more stars in the universe than sand in the beaches of this entire planet.
Clearly a star is a notable object in space worthy of an article. And it is
feasible to write entire articles on each and every one of them if something
as dull as Proxima Centauri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxima_Centauri)
is any indication. We should not dump them for being "Astronomy cruft". We
should expand them instead.