[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:09:07 UTC 2008

Things are yet much more complicated than that:
We do have people looking for different things based on formal
criteria. There are indeed people nominating short 19th century
biographies--they often come from deWP, where they are frequently
uncited (apparently its assumed there  that they come from standard
reference books)  and people add them to enWP without looking for
references--they can be quite difficult to find in usual enWP sources.
There are people nominating every stub that has been unimproved for 9
months, and given that as a reason (it's fair to say such reasons are
usually rejected).

I don't thing even think that looking systematically i s is
necessarily wrong. It can be more productive than random patrolling.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.