[WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales in the news

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 04:52:21 UTC 2008

On 3/9/08, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
> <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But there was a time (a hugely idiotic time, to be
> > sure) when Angela was just gathering the pieces
> > of having been sacked and having attended a close
> > family members burial, after which she was voted
> > in to the board, and pretty much flat out said she
> > didn't have the wherewithal to attend, if people
> > couldn't see their way through to subsidise her
> > to get to the board meeting. The whole thing didn't
> > come to a head, because I personally (successfully, yay!)
> > inspired a drive to donate money *earmarked* for
> > the sole purpose of getting Angela to Paris. But come
> > on!
>
> This isn't true. I've never been sacked, and I had to pay my own
> ticket to Paris for that first Board meeting.
>
> Angela

Thank you for reverting me. It pays to be precise, and I wasn't.

Nor accurate.

Should have said "lost her job" and "reimbursing Angelas costs
for flying to Paris".

BTW, there is a book about US presidents biography, "in words
of one syllable", I am proofreading for Project Gutenberg, at
Distributed Proofreaders, which would make a splendid
source for Simple English Wikipedia...