[WikiEN-l] CAS Discourages Using SciFinder to Help Curate Wikipedia

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 9 07:50:13 UTC 2008

Snowspinner wrote:
> There's likely a common sense compromise, like including the CAS
> numbers but not creating [[List of chemical compounds by CAS number]]
> or something that all sides would agree to.

Phil's got this exactly right.  The objection of theirs that
started this thread was *not* that we are using CAS numbers, but
rather that some editors over at Wikiproject Chemistry were maybe
using the proprietary SciFinder tool as part of a verification
project.

No one's asking us to remove any CAS numbers.