[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 22:35:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:52 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/03/2008, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On Mar 6, 2008, at 4:16 PM, David Gerard wrote:
>
> >  >
> http://www.economist.com/printedition/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10789354
> >  > Yes, (the Wikipedia jargon meaning of) notability is suitable
> material
> >  > for a business- and economics-oriented news magazine.[*]
>
> > I will repeat my conviction that our notability guidelines are the
> >  biggest PR blunder we engage in.
>

> No, it's second to BLPs. Not third, however.
>

> - d.

I had unfortunately neglected actviely participating in a side conversation
which started about trivia namespaces that [[User:Sam]] and Jason Spiro were
discussing mid last month.

Now that something pops back up into visibility, though, I think maybe it's
worthwhile bringing up here again.

Sam, are you on?  You're probably the right person to explain your
experiment here.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com