[WikiEN-l] What is happening to the community

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 17:37:34 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/6/2008 6:35:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
oldakquill at gmail.com writes:

This is  why I never understood the big deal over userboxes. As a thing
which  improves social-aspects of Wikipedia and turns a User: into a
person, it is  bound to have a positive effect on the  encyclopaedia.>>

I agree with the sentiment that some deletionists are too anal about user
boxes.
Who... Cares ?  Leave people alone and get onto something important  and
useful :) (The last sentence is said for humourous emphasis and not as a  personal
attack against any person living, dead or fictional.)

At any rate.  This makes me wonder if we could set up an off-project  "social
networking" site just for Wikipedians.  You'd link from here to  there and
back seemlessly.  It seems like it *could* address both sides of  the situation.

Will Johnson