[WikiEN-l] Admin, RFA, RFB and whatnot...

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 04:23:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> My suggestion has always been the same: define objective measurements
> that candidates must reach, and reduce voting down to either 'they
> satisfy the objective measurement, or they don't". Regular voters hate
> power being taken out of their hands so shout down the idea.

Alternatively, have (reasonably) objective standards as to what
factors the community regards as important in assessing bureaucrat
candidates, to give closers better guidance on which opinions command
much weight, and which are more idiosyncratic and can be accorded less
weight.

I tried to do something along these lines for RFA a while back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Factors

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Riana <wiki.riana at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And as an aside - I count 4 edits from me to Kelly's RfA. Apparently
> >  0.012%of my edits have been heinously destructive. :o)
>
> Didn't ya know that Kelly is Teh Antichrist whose touch is death?

The reaper is coming for me eventually then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee_Elections_December_2006/Vote/Kelly_Martin

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com