[WikiEN-l] Why are images deleted in such a hurry?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 17:57:21 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/5/2008 1:36:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
toddmallen at gmail.com writes:

unnecessary and decorative since the article does not (and
should  not) discuss it, since it's just decoration for the
company/book/album in  and of itself and is not discussed by sources.
It is not, in most cases, a  necessary part of an article on the
(corporation|album|book|movie|video  game|what have you). We should
only provide exceptions for nonfree images  where they're -needed-, >>

Sure, change "needed" to "discussed in sources".
Needed is a value judgement that we should not be making, and it's a
war-starter.
If a source discusses the "rampant sexuality exhibited by the latest  album
cover..." then we can and should include that same cover under fair-use to
illustrate the point.  Agree?

Will Johnson