[WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales in the news

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 22:29:15 UTC 2008

on 3/4/08 5:06 PM, Thomas Dalton at thomas.dalton at gmail.com wrote:

> On 04/03/2008, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Putting the utter stupidity of discussing Jimbo's sex life at all aside, I
>> will say that this episode rings true for me in one important sense. As an
>> employee of a for-profit wiki, I've had the *entire* 20+ person staff agree
>> unanimously that they love Wikipedia despite Jimmy Wales, emphasis on the
>> "despite". Part of me recognizes that all this hullabaloo is a product of
>> the media's inane focus on the cult of celebrity, but still...wouldn't we
>> just be better off without him? My moral compass swings to a resounding Yes.
>
> And how many of those 20+ people actually know him?

What difference does it make? Take an honest, objective look at the
condition of the Community of people he is supposed to be leading. Good,
healthy leaders never forget the people they are leading; for, without them,
they would be just another person taking a very lonely, and unremarkable,
walk.

Marc Riddell