[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 05:27:54 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/3/2008 9:19:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

Album or  book covers are likely categories where we would have large
numbers of  images.  Does it not seem strange that given the number of
album  coves illustrated on the net there is a complete absence of cases
about  album covers from an industry that is so famously litigious about
copying  its music? Maybe there's an unspoken industry  standard.>>

Exactly thank you.
With all the hand-wringing over book covers and album covers and  distributed
pictures of living people, you'd think we'd hear about all these  supposed
lawsuits and costs and C&D's.  And what we actually hear is  complete silence.

Will Johnson