[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 01:41:41 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 5:38:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
scs at eskimo.com writes:

Will  Johnson wrote:
> If anyone thinks that we're ever going to *know*  whether any free-use
> image will be challenged, they are wrong.   We can never know.  We can
> create a policy for when to use them  and when not, we can modify and
> expand it, but we are always going to  be subject to the possibility of
> getting a "cease and desist"  letter.

Of course, your last conclusion doesn't necessarily follow.  :-)

Explain.  Are you claiming the "subject to the possibility" is a  conclusion
that has to follow from the preceding statements?  "Possibility"  is not a
conclusion that follows, its a constant state no matter what statements  are made.

Otherwise I don't understand what you're saying.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)