[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 00:26:25 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 4:19:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

You have  still failed to address what you were originally claiming:
that there was  an actual problem with BetacommandBot beyond upsetting
people who failed to  understand WP:NONFREE or didn't want to.>>

---------------
David, the long discussion on-wiki was in general about
A) the bot tagging 11 thousand images in a few days and then
B) stating that there was some kind of deadline by which they all had to be
reviewed.

Putting that sort of extreme workload out on the system, creates a  situation
in which admins rush through trying to reduce the backlog.  That  is never a
reasonable approach, imho.  This issue would have never been  raised had the
bot been programmed to do no more than say 200 a day or  whatever.

I'm sure we can all agree that creating thousands of cases to review is not
a useful result.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)