[WikiEN-l] Who monitors Wikipedia?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:21:26 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008, Kurt Maxwell Weber <kmw at armory.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 March 2008 17:20, Thomas Dalton wrote:

>  > >  Besides, anything that makes more work for our servants isn't a bad
>  > > thing.

>  > Admins are not servants, they are under-appreciated volunteers.

> Like government, administrators on Wikipedia are at best a necessary evil, and
>  at worst a threat to everything important.  They must be kept under strict
>  control: a close watch and a short leash at all times.

I suggest that users blocked or banned as often as you and Raphael
have been, from as many venues, may have trouble convincing people
that you are onto something with this one. I know that sounds unfair,
but that's just how it is. They're likely to assume "well, they would
say that, wouldn't they."

- d.