[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 21:23:26 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 1:20:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

There  are many areas where it repeats the law. The case we were
dealing with was  one of them.>>

False.  The law is quite clear on the ability to use fair-use  images.  The
Non-Free policy does not repeat the law, it extends the law  quite
dramatically, in my opinion.

The case we were dealing with, would fall under a fair-use.  The law  does
not define, except by silence, what is *free use* at any  rate.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)