[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 20:27:43 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 7:51:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
eugene at vanderpijll.nl writes:

On the  other hand, in terms of WP policy this is probably never
acceptable; since  we are "in contact" with the copyright holder, there
is a possibility to  get a proper free license from him, and therefore
the current image is  replaceable.>>

"Replaceable" is a very tenuous term.
If we have no free-use image, we should be and are free to use a fair-use
image
*until* such time as we do have a free-use image.

Not just until some time as someone figures out that an image *might* be
able to be replaced somehow (but we don't have one);

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)