[WikiEN-l] Who monitors Wikipedia?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 22:59:32 UTC 2008

And sometimes admins have a very odd idea of what a certain policy actually
states.

One flaw in the promotion system seems to be there is no real test of
whether an admin understands something as simple as the difference between
"source-based research" vs. "original research".  I had to teach one that  recently.

Another recent example is the difference between off-site links on talk
pages, and off-site links in article space.  We don't treat those  situations
identically.

Another is why you should *not* use your admin bit, when you are engaged in
content disputes.

There are admins who behave badly.  Although I agree that people  complain
when admins "do their job", they also complain when admins act  abusively.  Many
admins understand, and some do not.  Some admins will  apologize when faced
with actions which are suspect, and some will not.

The ones whom the community has become annoyed with from time to time, and
who also refuse to apologize or act contritely are the ones that don't bode
well  for the project and need a vigilant eye.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)