[WikiEN-l] ArbCom Legislation

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Jun 17 16:57:51 UTC 2008

David Goodman wrote:
> This is a proposal that will encourage administrators to not act
> responsibly, by destroying the principle that an administrative action
> can be overturned by another administrator.

That's in fact one of the core assumptions of administratorship, and the
reason we keep emphasizing that it's "no big deal". Being an
administrator *must not* give anyone unilateral special powers---only
give them janitorial tasks, that anyone else can undo if there wasn't
community consensus for the original change. Such a huge policy change
change is a significant overstep of the Arbitration Committee's
authority, and therefore cannot be regarded as binding.

-Mark