[WikiEN-l] Article specific blocks

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu Jun 12 21:50:29 UTC 2008

Ian Woollard wrote:
> On a related subject, the fact that categories don't allow you to
> monitor the articles that are in them in your watchlist is incredibly
> broken. It seems to me if I watch a category and somebody adds or
> takes away from it, I should know about it.

I'd disagree with that. I have lots of categories in my watchlist at the
moment, because I want to know when the explanatory text is edited or
when the category is recategorized with respect to its parent
categories---I'm watching the category itself, not its contents. Since
some of these categories are extremely large, I definitely *don't* want
a notification every single time an article is added to or removed from
one, since that would be so frequent as to swamp any edits to the
category itself. At the very least this should be a different type of
category-watching so I can opt out of it and keep the current behavior.

-Mark