[WikiEN-l] Article specific blocks

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 02:46:01 UTC 2008

2008/6/12 Chris Howie <cdhowie at gmail.com>:
> Article specific is fine IMO.  Category specific is problematic.  I'm
> sure plenty of sneaky vandals could add unrelated pages to such
> categories and in effect block those users from editing them.  Putting
> what amounts to admin rights (even if it is over only a handful of
> people) in the hands of anonymous editors is not wise.

On a related subject, the fact that categories don't allow you to
monitor the articles that are in them in your watchlist is incredibly
broken. It seems to me if I watch a category and somebody adds or
takes away from it, I should know about it.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.