[WikiEN-l] User:FritzpollBot creating millions of new

bobolozo bobolozo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 18:22:23 UTC 2008

--- David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/1 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:
>
> > How does simply having what is basically a
> placeholder entry for each
> > town/village/city etc. alleviate systemic bias?
> Most of these articles will
> > be ignored completely after creation,
>

> I think you're dead wrong there. How many Rambot
> articles are untouched?
>
> >  Creating 2 million more articles that won't be
> touched for a decade
>
> [citation needed]
>
> - d.

The obvious response to that is that the Rambot
articles have been added to because they're articles
on places full of english speaking people who have
internet access.

A small fishing village in Cambodia, or a community of
100 people in Kenya, may well have no internet access
at all, and if they have it, they would not likely be
visiting the English wikipedia as they wouldn't likely
speak English.