[WikiEN-l] User:FritzpollBot creating millions of new

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 1 16:09:55 UTC 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> The question that springs to mind is: what else can we get complete
> data on for bot-assisted article creation? Every state-level or higher
> politician in every country ever? What else?

Television episodes... :)

My initial reaction when learning about this plan was "oh no, not again"
- I remember Rambot and how for a long while random page would give me
one of its articles half the time I clicked on it. But after thinking
for a moment longer I think this will be a good thing, overall. I'm a
fan of completeness too and this will help establish that completeness
is an important criterion for article inclusion.

The only remaining problem I have with Rambot's articles is the
formatting, which is archaic now and would require a rather clever bot
to update without damaging edits that have been made to the original
base. But I'm sure FritzpollBot will be using modern style guidelines
for templates and citations when generating articles so that should be fine.