[WikiEN-l] No-indexing of project-space pages

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 21:06:52 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/31/2008 3:12:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wikimail at inbox.org writes:

> Why is libel tolerated on the talk pages in the first place?  I don't
> see many people arguing for noindexing the project pages because of
> libel.>>
> ----------

It isn't.  This is just a tired old horse that keeps getting trotted out by
those who want to destroy the transparency that others have to constantly fight
to keep.

Some people don't like the idea that what they say today, can be compared to
what they said last year, and that this can be done by anyone with the
persistence to dig.

Any true libel, can and is, removed as soon as it's found.  However in the
U.S. "you can't libel garbage by saying it stinks" and opinions are not libel,
so instead you get smoke screens like this trying to confuse the evidence.  And
we operate under U.S. laws no matter what craziness Britain institutes :)

Will