[WikiEN-l] No-indexing of project-space pages

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:07:30 UTC 2008

2008/7/30 David Katz <dkatz2001 at gmail.com>:

> Is there anyway we can set things so that mirrors only mirror the
> actual namespace content and not talk, user and WP administrative
> pages?

Yeah, not put it in the dumps. However, effectively proprietising
Wikipedia in such a manner (remember, the project space is GFDL too)
doesn't really sit well with the "free content" thing.

Most mirrors wouldn't want that stuff to mirror Wikipedia anyway.
Those that do, are either Doing It Wrong or really do want to mirror
the project space too.

- d.