[WikiEN-l] Bigger or Better

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 27 16:38:54 UTC 2008

Alex Sawczynec wrote:
> Would this explain why so many users are retiring?

I, for one, have found myself not editing nearly as much as I used to in
recent months. I'm pretty sure that dropoff started for me with the
Characters and Episodes debacle. Even though I don't generally
contribute to such articles myself seeing so much work being
systematically thrown away was very disheartening and makes me wonder
whether my contributions in other areas will be kept.

Quantity is a quality of its own, IMO. Wikipedia's comprehensiveness of
coverage is one of its big strengths.