[WikiEN-l] Knol goes live

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Thu Jul 24 20:33:49 UTC 2008

A blogger at the LA Times wonders when the "gold rush" will start for
people to claim ownership of articles on Knol:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/webscout/2008/07/knol-has-nothin.html

In particular, he pointed out that Knol does not currently have an
article about Wikipedia, so I decided to do my part and create one:

http://knol.google.com/k/sheldon-rampton/-/8r9tdjdcsltq/2#

I basically cut-and-pasted the existing Wikipedia article, although I
did make one minor correction. The current version fails to credit me
as Wikipedia's creator. It mentions some guy named Jimmy Wales
instead. Anyway, I fixed it in my Knol version. ;-)

SHELDON RAMPTON
Research director, Center for Media & Democracy
Center for Media & Democracy
520 University Avenue, Suite 227
Madison, WI 53703
phone: 608-260-9713

Subscribe to our free Weekly Spin email:
<http://www.prwatch.org/cmd/subscribe_sotd.html>

Subscribe to our Weekly Radio Spin podcasts:
<http://www.prwatch.org/audio/feed>

Read and add to articles on people, issues and groups shaping the
public agenda:
<http://www.sourcewatch.org>

Support independent, public interest reporting:
<http://www.prwatch.org/donate>