[WikiEN-l] Knol goes live

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 01:13:05 UTC 2008

Major problem I see: The name of the author is given on each article
along with a brief description of their qualifications/position. This
is good. Some authors have "verified" under their name, however it
turns out that that only means their name has been verified, not their
qualifications [1]. Some articles have references and other links to
confirm things, so it's not completely unreliable, but the "verified"
statement is seriously misleading. I don't care what someone's name
is, I care about their qualifications. It should be made clearer that
only the name has been checked.

1. http://knol.google.com/k/knol-help/name-verification-faq/3vd571esbn0f5/1#