[WikiEN-l] Dangerous factionalism (Was: Re: SlimVirgin and CheckUser leaks)

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Tue Jul 22 20:45:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
> So one question on the psychological profile for admins might be:
> A) As an admin do you visualize your role as janitor, hall monitor, or riot
> patrol ?

If I was a janitor and was fired because I reported being harassed by
another janitor, and policy was to avoid complaints by firing all people
involved in the complaint, I'd think that was wrong.  It wouldn't make any
difference that being a janitor is a low status job; being fired is being
fired.  It also wouldn't make any difference if you said "it's not a
punishment, we didn't fire you, we just laid you off.  We feel that it would
be less stressful for you to not have a job that is obviously unpleasant to
you anyway."