[WikiEN-l] Price we pay from the Deletionists: Y-Combinator looking to fu...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 20:24:40 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/22/2008 1:18:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cdhowie at gmail.com writes:

I don't  think Wikipedia by and large
has ever given a damn about  feelings.>>

-------------------
You're talking about macro, I'm talking about micro, the way it actually
plays out in particular articles.
"Do no harm" which is the false but frequently cited nutshell of BLP has  and
is being used to mean that "if a damaging fact is not so *widely* known  that
virtually all people know it, then we cannot repeat it, no matter in how
many dozens of newspapers its already been reported."

You may know this has actually happened in-project.
We should not be in the position of protecting people from what they do or
say.  And yet, it's hard to fight against a tag-team who insist that we
should.  If some fact damages someone, then hey, you know don't do it in  the first
place!

If I embezzle 12 million dollars from my company, six years ago, but today
I'm just a real upstanding pure saint, I still did it.  And we should still
report it.  That is being true to the facts.

Will Johnson

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.