[WikiEN-l] SlimVirgin and CheckUser leaks

Fayssal F. szvest at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 01:02:09 UTC 2008

I may be totally wrong as many details are missing here.

a) Lar is wrong. He should not have communicated CU findings with his wife.
Policy is clear on that.

b) SlimVirgin, you are wrong when you think that there should be a
*good*valid reason for a CU; a valid reason is sufficient. And of
course, though
it is not binding, a CU can have some courtesy of informing the subject of
the check. But i do believe that the question of *"[people] who are checked
are told whether and by whom, if they ask*"  is less relevant than answering
the question about the reason of the check itself. And we all know that
sophisticated sockpuppetry comes more often from established accounts --
hope this is not defending the CU *team *but more a sign of emphasizing on
the fact that there should be no exemptions for established accounts. Of
course, fishing and general trawling aside.

I won't care about who is check usering me if I am not doing something
wrong. So... c) what do parties want?

Fayssal F.