[WikiEN-l] Price we pay from the Deletionists: Y-Combinator looking to fu...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 20:28:46 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/20/2008 8:43:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
oldakquill at gmail.com writes:

And this  would be the opposite extreme. But I am not suggesting this.
For what it's  worth, your car or your dog is likely not independently
verifiable in  reliable sources?>>

--------------------

The real trick here is "third-party, secondary..."

What you paid for your house, when you renewed your driver's license, where
you last voted, are all independently verifiable in reliable sources.  If  our
policy stopped there we could write it.  However we also require that
details about your biographed, be so interesting as to have already been  reported
by someone other than these primary sources, and then in a third-party
publication (not one owned or paid for by yourself the author, or by yourself  the
subject).

That's why this example fails our policy.

Will Johnson

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.