[WikiEN-l] SlimVirgin and CheckUser leaks

Relata Refero refero.relata at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 09:29:22 UTC 2008

First of all, tl;dr.
Secondly, of the bits that I could pick up, the following
insupportable assumptions stand out:
a) "the request was made by a known troublemaker makes things even
worse": It is perhaps time that you realised that Mackan79 is "known"
to be exactly as much of a "troublemaker" as you or Crum275, in that
s/he edits in similarly difficult areas. I don't think checkusers
should determine the usefulness of a suggested check on the basis of
whether they agree with the on-wiki POV of the person requesting it. I
believe this is something that other people hold to be true as well.
b)"I assume that his interest in Crum derived from his interest in me,
and that the involvement of Wikitumnus was to give him and Lar a back
door into a check of Crum." Do you have any basis for this assumption?
And if so, can you please explain why, given the extensive agreement
that you and Crum turn up to support each other on undiscussed reverts
unwholesomely often, that checkusers should not be on the look-out for
abuse?
c)I believe that I have been told often by various people that private
requests to checkusers are often carried out, even when there is no
direct evidence of the possibility of abusive sockpuppetry. I
understand that I myself have been checkusered for that reason. Can we
be clear that this is what you are referring to? If not, I see this
entire thing as a waste of time.
RR