[WikiEN-l] Okay, so what do I *do* about Tessaiga?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:23:52 UTC 2008

2008/7/18 Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net>:

> Wikipedia has an article whose name is a mistake, but people claim that the
> article must be named that anyway because our rules say that we must use the
> most widely used English name, and the mistake is used more frequently
> than the correct name.  (This happened because the mistake was made by a big
> English-language publisher, so a lot of people picked it up.)

On the face of it, that's an excellent reason to keep the article
right where it is.

That's why the article on the capital of Ukraine is at [[Kiev]] rather
than [[Kyuv]]. The Ukraine government even states "Kyuv" is its
official name in English, but people who speak English keep
overwhelmingly using "Kiev."

If you want to move it, you need some good sources that actually use
the name you advocate. Are there any?

- d.