[WikiEN-l] XKCD in Popular Culture

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:30:20 UTC 2008

2008/7/10 David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com>:
> I strongly agree that articles on X in popular culture [etc]  are
> better than extensive sections in the general article,  but it's usual
> to collect material in broad topics until there's enough for more
> specific articles. In such a general article, it would best be worded
> as representative examples of various specific woods being used per
> the spirit of summary style. And those who oppose such content oppose
> it no matter where it goes.

Maybe, although arguably, it might be claimed that a separate pedia
about stuff that people have made up might be ultimately appropriate.
People would have a lot more difficulty claiming that it wasn't
appropriate for an encyclopedia that actually contained only
information on fiction and artistic works of one kind or another.

enfictopedia? enartopedia? enculturopedia?

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.