[WikiEN-l] In popular culture

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:06:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Oskar Sigvardsson
<oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's also been some shenanigans on [[Wood]]
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Woodoldid=224074261#In_Popular_Culture

Which lead one editor to add an HTML comment to the wiki code asking
future editors not to re-add the joke "IPC" section. Another editor
removed the comments with the edit summary "An article's source is not
a place for messages to other users".

Ia there any consensus/policy/guideline for this view? I wanted to add
it back as I have used such comments before but didn't feel like
getting into an edit war over invisible wikitext on an article I don't
regularly edit.