[WikiEN-l] Attributing articles to their authors

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 04:56:37 UTC 2008

There is a duplicate thread of this on foundation-l. I utterly and
wholeheartedly oppose inline crediting either for image or article authors.
It is impractical and problematic for many ways.

Contributing to wikipedia for the sake of self promotion feels like a
conflict of interest to me. Such a goal is not inline with the goal of
''free encyclopedia''

This may lead to corporate donation of images simply to spam. Wikipedia will
no longer be free (as in freedom) if we start allowing corporations to
dictate or manipulate our content for a price. Such a thing would actually
be in conflict with NPOV among other things.

The history link is there for a reason. Do you have any idea how many
authors some articles have?

     - White Cat