[WikiEN-l] Attributing articles to their authors

Shmuel Weidberg ezrawax at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:24:11 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 6:43 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/2008, Rama Rama <ramaneko at gmail.com> wrote (on commons-l):
>
> > 2) There is definitely a trend of professional photographers to request
> > credits under the image in articles. This is what they are accustomed to.
> > I (and a few others) think that we should make efforts to sensibilise our
> > users to this. We can definitely afford to credit people in articles. This
> > is a small concession which costs us very little and can benefit us greatly.

I think articles should also be attributed to their authors in the
body of the article. Every major encyclopedia does it. Certainly there
would be some debate about how much of a contribution should be
required for attribution, and what form the attribution should take,
whether real full names, wikipedia nicks, or real full initials.

Regards,
Ezra