[WikiEN-l] Userboxes

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 06:30:16 UTC 2008

> Not exactly.  Under the present circumstances the preferred way of
> handling a two way discussion would mean that if I ask a question on
> your talk page you would respond on mine.  The downside of that approach
> is that the exchange is fragmented in two places, and it gets
> considerably more complicated if more than two people are involved.
> What I am suggesting is that you could answer my question on your own
> talk page, and I would receive some kind of notice that you had
> answered.  This could be either automatic, or it could be based on
> checking some box to notify the questioner.

Don't you just wish we could yoink the Facebook "wall" and drop it in?
It works perfectly. Wall-to-wall lets you view conversations between
two participants dynamically.

Actually there's a thought: is there any way to dynamically construct
a sensible view of a conversation between two people? For this type of
conversation it ought to work ok:

[A's wall]
==Blah==
Why the hell did you delete blah? - B
:That's a stupid reason -B
::Ok then. - B

[B's wall]
==Blah==
Because - A
:Just kidding. CSD A7. -A

A dynamic query could just pull out all the diffs to each wall made by
the relevant party and assemble them as some series. I guess when
people sometimes write on their own wall it wouldn't work as
well...but then you wouldn't use that view?

Seriously, how hard would this be?

Steve